This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- As soon as you arrive, all of the ships docked at a nearby station scatter and jump away, while the station itself uses some form of cloak technology to disappear. They mustn't like outsiders here...
- No ships are in range, so you take the time to scan the area. It seems like every planet you've seen so far shows signs of highly developed habitation without overpopulation. They must have a very structured and well regulated society.
- There appears to be no one living near this node, a rare sight in this highly developed sector.
- You arrive near a civilian settlement. It looks like their homes, ships and stations all rely heavily on an intriguing crystalline material. You wonder how they are able to create so much of this substance, as yet undiscovered in the rest of the galaxy.
- A few merchant ships pass nearby but they are either ignoring your hails or their computer isn't designed to work through the same frequencies...
- A number of civilian ships seem to be evacuating a small colony. One ship messages you before jumping away, "Damn you aliens! This is why we closed that Long-range Beacon in the first place!"
- Nothing happens.
This event is called "NOTHING_CRYSTAL" in the datafiles.