The text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- No ship is in scanning range and no one arrives at the beacon.
- Your waiting yields nothing while the fleet surely gets closer...
- A freighter suddenly arrives nearby. They are so close you can almost wave at them, but your hails are ignored and the ship quickly jumps away.
- Small traffic passes within a short distance of you, but no one responds to your hails.
- The only ship within hailing range appears to be a civilian vessel. However, it quickly leaves once it picks up your signal.
- As you wait, a small asteroid storm pelts softly against your shields and hull.
- You begin to wonder if turning on the beacon would be worth the risk of detection. The fleet slowly approaches.
- You contemplate the vastness of space.
- The prolonged wait in empty space is causing tension among the crew. Still no contact.
- Cabin fever begins to spread among your crew.
- Long range scanners detect a small settlement, but they refuse all contact.
- Nothing happens.
This event is called "FUEL_NOTHING" in the datafiles. See Fuel wait fail (Distress) for the one occurring when you turn your distress beacon on.
This event has a 36.4% chance of occurring when you wait at a beacon with your distress beacon off.