The text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- You contemplate that it is fortunate the ship's life support system does not rely on FTL fuel cells.
- Nothing happens. Your calls go unanswered.
- The distress beacon's light is the only movement visible outside the ship.
- No ships jump into the sector...
- A few passing ships seem oblivious to your distress call and ignore all hails.
- A few civilian ships are within scanning range, yet none respond to your calls.
- No ships pass through the area.
- Nothing happens.
This event is called "FUEL_NOTHING_DISTRESS" in the datafiles. See Fuel wait fail for the one occurring when you turn your distress beacon off.
This event has a 16.7% chance of occurring when you wait at a beacon with your distress beacon on.