This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- The charts indicate this was the location of a small skirmish over a military facility on a nearby moon. Oddly, scans pick up no signs of debris from either the battle or the station. Yet another area sucked dry by the Lanius.
- Scans show no signs of any ships or settlements nearby. You have no way of knowing if the area was always uninhabited or if it was simply erased by the Lanius.
- A few refugee ships are preparing for the long journey to another sector. They explain how a number of Lanius military ships surrounded them and began to hack their FTL drives. Fortunately the Lanius moved on after briefly scanning the civilian ships, leaving them more than a little shaken up.
- You pass a civilian ship that warns of the nearby Lanius. "One of them attacked a civilian transport and started to melt their fracking hull. But then the weirdest thing happened... another metal ship actually fired on its companion until it backed off." Apparently there are disagreements among the Lanius about what should be salvaged.
- You question a local settlement and they describe a fleet of metal ships wordlessly collecting all of the abandoned metal and debris in the area. When they approached important satellites, the settlements fired a few ASB warning shots. The Lanius moved on despite clearly having the firepower to overwhelm the settlements.
- You come across a human civilian ship preparing to leave the sector. They message you, "We're getting out of here! There was some cult rambling about the spreading of the disease, Humanitis. They forcefully boarded our ship and tried to open all of our airlocks, shouting, "Be purged!" Is nowhere safe anymore?"
- Nothing happens.
This event is called "NOTHING_LANIUS" in the datafiles.