This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- You arrive to discover a number of Lanius ships docked at what appears to be a station. You hasten to leave but are relieved when they message you in your language. "Buy? Sell? Traders." Apparently some merchants emigrated with the scavengers.
- A trading beacon is set up near the beacon. A surprising number of military ships guard the station. You pick up an advertisement on a wide band channel, "Ship parts, repairs, refueling, souvenirs - we got it all. Check out the only store not afraid of scavengers this side of Omacron 6."
- You receive a message from a nearby station, "The end is upon us! The metal demons have come to absorb your very being! But it's not too late to prepare for the worst!" It appears that was an advertisement for a space dock. You scan their products.
- You arrive at an empty space station, no doubt abandoned due to the Lanius threat. Life signatures are detected at the ship depot and you spot a few crude signs stating "Everything Must Go!"
- This beacon is bustling with activity. It looks like some merchants decided to capitalize on the fact that dozens of refugee ships are using this location to recharge their FTL drives. You browse their wares.
- A large transport ship undergoing maintenance hails you. "Greetings, friend. We're getting out of this sector as soon as this Coolant Shaft is fixed and I suggest you do the same. I half expect those damn metal freaks to come and try to melt down our ship at any moment. We're trying to offload some inventory - interested in buying something?"
- A store opens.
This event is called "STORE_LANIUS" in the datafiles.