This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- At this point you almost expect a fight with the Mantis, but this beacon appears to be entirely devoid of other ships. You take the time to catch your breath and double check the ship's systems.
- The only thing this beacon offers is a view of deep space and a brief respite from battles. For some this must be a welcome refuge.
- A nearby Mantis mining operation is clearly using heavy Engi slave labor. You briefly consider the possibility of emancipating the slaves, but the Mantis presence is too formidable. You decide to lay low.
- There aren't so many parts of Mantis space that aren't dotted by the wrecks of battles past, but this is one of them. You take a deep breath and prepare to move on.
- There's nothing here but space debris and some uninhabitable planetoids.
- You fancy you see something moving in the shadow of the beacon, but all remains still.
- Nothing happens.
This event is called "NOTHING_MANTIS" in the datafiles.