This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
Once you arrive, your screen lights up with warnings. A nearby pirate seems to have advanced hacking tools and they have tried to shut down our engines. Your crew manages to keep them operational and you move in to attack.
- (Hacking System) Counter the remote hacking.
Fight a pirate shipEdit
- (After destroying enemy ship) With the pirate ship destroyed, your ship's system is restored to full functionality. You salvage what you can from the debris.
- You receive a random amount of fuel and scrap.
- (After killing enemy crew) With the pirate ship disabled, your engines come online again. You salvage what you can from their ship.
- You receive a medium amount of fuel and scrap.
This event is called "PIRATE_NO_ESCAPE" in the datafiles.
The flavor text displayed after killing the enemy crew hasn't been updated when the Hacking option was added, making the text inconsistent for that outcome.