This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
- Civilian Sector
- Engi Controlled Sector
- Engi Homeworlds
- Zoltan Controlled Sector
- Zoltan Homeworlds
- Rebel Controlled Sector
- Rebel Stronghold
- Mantis Controlled Sector
- Mantis Homeworlds
- Abandoned Sector
- The Last Stand
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- Your ship is hailed. "We've found you at last. Prepare to die!"
- A small Rebel ship is docked at a small station. You try to lay low but it spots you. Power up the weapons!
- A Rebel ship has been patrolling this region. As soon as you arrive it begins its assault.
- A Rebel ship hails you: "Federation scum! We've waited a long time for this!"
- You receive a transmission: "Sorry sir, this is nothing personal but we're under orders." The Rebel ship's weapons go hot.
- By the time you notice the Rebel ship behind the beacon, it's too late to avoid a fight.
- A Rebel ship hails. "We did not fight a war to let a single Federation ship shatter our dreams of a better galaxy!" He locks weapons.
- A Rebel ship approaches cautiously. "Personally," says the captain, "I'd have stuck with the Federation. But I'm a soldier, sir, and I'm no use without a war to fight. Raise your shields!"
- You're hailed by a Rebel ship: "When the rebellion is complete you'll see the safer world we provide. Well, you won't, but you get the point." They arm weapons.
- A Rebel ship is guarding this beacon. You order a pursuit course and prepare to scratch up one more.
- Fight a Rebel ship (default rewards).
This event is called "REBEL" in the datafiles.