This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- You encounter a Rock vessel and attempt to open trading frequencies, but they take it as an act of cultural transgression and open fire.
- You jump into the middle of a Rock excavation project on a nearby moon. Unimpressed with your intrusion they move to defend themselves!
- You intercept chatter from an approaching Rock ship: "Weapons, moving in to engage, arm the tubes." There is no talking to these guys.
- As you jump in, a vast figure appears on the view-screen. The Rock captain rubs the green, moss-like appendage on his chin and then orders his crew to open fire.
- It looks quiet, but you realize your computer is being scanned. A hidden Rock vessel hails you: "Why do you fill your computer with lies?! These are not the holy words!" Before you can interject they open fire.
- You notice a Rock ship performing combat exercises. However, they quickly change their course to engage your ship. They apparently treat unregistered alien ships as handy target practice.
- A loud 'thud' resounds through the ship after jump completion - you've just shunted a Rock fighter and he's already preparing to fire!
- You're intercepted by a Rock salvage operation. They don't seem to mind that you're still on board while they junk your ship.
- Fight a Rock ship (default rewards).
This event is called "ROCK_SHIP" in the datafiles.