This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- Your sensors are no match for the Slug's telepathic abilities - a ship you never even saw opens fire from astern!
- The Slug vessel you encounter here has obviously made a big score and is looking to test its new armaments. They picked the wrong ship to attack.
- A Slug passenger ship hails: "Please, your worthy alien highnessesss, we are unarmed and sseeking asssylum." You approach cautiously, and weapons immediately spring from their hull!
- A Slug ship - a rogue, you suspect - approaches, but when he sees you're Federation he thinks better of the sneak attack and fires everything he has.
- Direct attacks are not preferred by the Slugs, but of the three you see at this beacon, one has the brass to make a move on your position!
- Fight a Slug ship (default rewards).
The ship surrendersEdit
"You have besssted us! Will you accept what is in our storeesss in exchange for our livess?"
- Let them live.
- We will not accept surrender!
- The fight continues.
This event is called "NEBULA_SLUG_FIGHT" in the datafiles.
This event has identical intro and surrender texts to the Slug Home Nebula Surrender random event, but accepting the surrender yields entirely different results.