This is a Random Event. Occurs in:
The intro text for this event varies, and could be any of the following:
- A Zoltan ship makes contact. "The nature of the day is rotational. The fever is emaciated. The reason is-" They've caught some nasty deep space dementia. Before you can consider finding help for them, they open fire.
- You're surprised when a stationary Zoltan ship opens fire. It appears there are aggressive pugilists even among the 'enlightened'.
- You receive a message, "This area is off limits. Submit your ship to processing." It's only one guard ship in a lonely beacon. You decide to fight your way out.
- You discover a number of Zoltan civilian ships fighting off pirates. Unfortunately one ship mistakes your purpose and moves in to attack! They are refusing all communication; you have no choice but to fight.
- Like many areas in Zoltan space, the residents of this sector prepared well for Galactic war. The military here seem to have given up reasoning with foreigners, preferring instead to attack on sight!
- A Zoltan ship is waiting at this beacon. They request your identification, but radiation from the sun in this system is disrupting your communications. They take your silence for aggression and move in to attack.
- The Zoltan ship patrolling this area hails you: "This area is off limits. Secrecy is vital." They power their weapons.
- Fight a Zoltan ship (default rewards).
This event is called "ZOLTAN_FIGHT" in the datafiles.